Category : Taxi Tours | Hours : 4.0
Our tour will begin from your hotel. The driver will await you at the hotel entrance at the prearranged time.
We start by heading towards Syntagma Square where we will see the city’s most prestigious hotels opposite the imposing edifice of the Greek parliament, which was formerly the royal palace during the period of monarchy in Greece.
Following this we will be driven to Philellinon Street to see the Anglican and Russian Orthodox church of Athens. Continuing on our way we pass by Hadrian’s Arch, which in the 2nd century AD marked the boundary between western and eastern Athens, in other words Greek and later Roman Athens.
Beyond Hadrian’s Arch still stand 12 columns of the imposing temple of Olympian Zeus, which was begun in the 6th century BC but only completed 600 years later during the Roman period. It is said that when the president of the Olympic Committee visited Greece to inspect the delayed construction of sports facilities for Athens 2004, the Greek President of the Republic indicated this temple and reassured him that the works would be completed faster than the monument in question.
After the Temple of Olympian Zeus we will stop for about 15 minutes at the Kallimarmaro Stadium for photographs.
We then head to Herod Atticus Street where we will pass before the Presidential Mansion and Megaro Maximou, the prime minister’s residence. Here we will watch the change of the Presidential Guard with their distinctive uniforms, which are based on designs by Queen Amalia, the first queen of Greece following the liberation of Greece from the Othoman yoke.
Following this we head to the Zappeio Megaron and the Monument of the Unknown Soldier, on which are inscribed all the geographical sites within and beyond the Greek state where the Greek army has been victorious in battle.
We will then be driven to Panepistimiou Street where we will pass by the Numismatic Museum and the Catholic church. We will make a brief stop at the University and National Library to admire the architecture of the university buildings.
Our route continues to the Old Parliament, the forecourt of which is dominated by a statue of War of Independence leader Kolokotronis, mounted on a horse.
Heading west we will visit the Acropolis where the car will wait for approximately an hour and a half. Here you have the opportunity to admire up close one of the most significant architectural achievements of human civilization.
Finally, we return to the hotel from where you were picked up or you may choose to be dropped off at any point on the return route to your hotel.
Terms and conditions
1. Your transport will be a taxi car 2004 E-Class Mercedes Benz or higher category.
2. The price includes 1 to 4 persons. However, please inform us of the names of all participants in writing using the special online tour purchase form.
3. The price does not include the cost of entry to museums or archaeological sites, food or drinks.
4. Please bear in mind that the programme starting time (your hotel pick-up) will have to allow for visits to archaeological sites, where these are included in the programme.
Please visit the following site:
http://www.gnto.gr/pages.php?pageID=758&langID=2 for information on opening hours and days for visiting archaeological sites and museums.
5. In the event of cancellation 10 days before departure 20% of the deposited amount is withheld. In the event of cancellation up to 3 days before departure 50% of the deposited amount is withheld. In all other instances no refunds are made due to cancellation.
6. The order of visits on the tour may change due to circumstances beyond our control.
7. Tours take place throughout the week and at the time of the customer’s choosing. Tours outside of Athens begin between 08:30 to 09:00 in the morning.
8. Surcharge after midnight of 30 euros per hour.